Friday, September 2, 2011

Lunch in Montreal

So, you know, on my way to Paris I just thought I might stop over and have lunch in Montreal. Why not? Fortunately my travel plans had accidentally obliged accordingly. Just as I was taking off I got a phone call from Itzel to tell me she would pick me up and we took it from there. So rather than a grueling 5 hr stint in the Montreal airport waiting for my transatlantic, I traipsed about a very sunny Montreal with Andrew and Itzel, meandering along the canal, having lunch at the market- life is short, eat dessert first- and so we did: pistachio, caramel burnt maple, and pear sorbet ice cream. Then a little jaunt to Kaira's preschool where she showed me toy microphones to inspire future stardom. We made squirting noises over an empty bottle of ketchup then spent a long and diligent time carefully cleaning up with a broom the invisible ketchup that had then of course splurted on the floor. Here we are running back down the 'mountain' outside to the car.


Only slightly nerve-wracking traffic on my way to make my connecting flight in a surprisingly forgiving amount of time (despite an emergency roadside pee break demanded from the carseat rider). And then, a quick jaunt across the pond...

1 comment: