Friday, September 9, 2011

Fashion's Night Out

Une vraie soiree. Apparently I arrived just in time for this Vogue event that takes place in NY, London, and Paris on the same night each year. The idea, as I've been made to understand is that the big Fashion Houses where normally those who can't afford are frowned on at the door, instead open their doors to the general public (well, by invitation only found in your september copy of Vogue magazine) and then they serve us lots of champagne on black trays while we wander around gazing at dresses we could never buy. The crowds on the sidewalk are crazy of course- everyone cramming at the doors to get a glimpse of the various famous people making appearances. Everyone in their best ensemble (the atrocities people get themselves in to in the name of fashion- my goodness). And then of course bouncers editing the entrance. But we had uproarious fun, thanks primarily to my very in-the-know hosts Aoife and Maria Jose who eyed their way in for us to two otherwise closed or over-crowded doors.
We walked away having tasted fine horsd'oeuvres, followed by a delicate fleurs-d'orangier macaron and a complimentary bottle of the first scent by Elie Saab whose dresses we oggled- truly things of beauty and elegance. I also accepted a free manicure at Chloe.
My nails are a lovely clementine today.
So nous voila, les filles, a la fete:

It might not look like I'm having fun, but I am- I just have my model face on.

No comments:

Post a Comment